- Which personal data are collected
- How and when we can use these data
- How we deal with protecting, storing and sharing your data
- The choices you have to manage your data
What does this policy cover, and what not?
- We will only use your data for professional communication related to your or our business, and this with a maximum of 1 time per month to share inspiring business insights.
- Your data are stored in our CRM-system and, if applicable, also uploaded in the e-mail marketing platform for marketing purposes;
- ViCre will never sell your personal data. Neither do we share your data with third parties, unless to for the execution of a professional agreement, such as delivering goods related to our services on your address.
How do we treat your personal data?
For an optimal use of our service, we collect some of your personal data. ViCre is responsible for the processing of these data and commits to comply with the requirements of the privacy law.
We only collect those personal data necessary for legitimate purposes related to our activities and the interaction with you, and we take appropriate security measures to protect these data. You can of course access, correct or delete your personal data, at any time.
Which personal data are collected – and how?
We collect the personal data that you provide us when we ask for it, f.ex on our website or in campaigns. Additionally, some data are automatically collected through the use of our services: If you are a participant in a session lead by a ViCre-consultant and information on your surfing and clicking behavior on our website.
This can include:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Company address
- IP address
- Device ID
For which purposes are these personal data processed?
We have to have a valid reason to use your personal information. It’s called the “lawful basis for processing”. Sometimes we might ask your permission to do things, like when you subscribe to an email. Other times, when you’d reasonably expect us to use your personal information, we don’t ask your permission, but only when the law says it’s fine to use it, and it fits with the rights you have.
- to deliver our services and to provide you with information about them
- to deal with your requests and enquiries
- to help us understand which of our services you can use so we can recommend the services that might be of interest to you.
- To research and innovate so we can improve customer experience and finetune the content of our services in the best possible way to the needs of our prospects and customers.
- To contact you in a professional context.
In summary, we will only contact you when we need to or when you’ve given permission.
In which cases and with which parties are personal data shared?
ViCre will never sell your personal data.
We make sure that your personal information is looked after as if we were handling it directly. We carefully select these companies, only share with them what they need to do the work and we make sure they keep your information secure.
Our carefully selected partners and service providers may process personal information about you on our behalf as described below:
Digital Marketing Service Providers
We periodically appoint digital marketing agents to conduct marketing activity on our behalf, such activity may result in the compliant processing of personal information. Our appointed data processors include:
How are your personal data protected and secured?
At ViCre, we take sufficient security measures to protect your personal data against modification, accidental loss, accidental or unauthorized destruction or any other form of unauthorized treatment.
At the same time, no service can be completely secure – if you have any concerns that your personal data has been put at risk, please get in touch straight away.
Where we store these data?
Your data are stored in our CRM-system, Microsoft Dynamics, and, if applicable, also uploaded in the e-mail marketing platform, MailChimp, for marketing purposes. Both are renowned cloud platforms that comply with the very strict security requirements.
How long will my personal data be stored?
- We only hold your information for as long as we do the activities we told you about or have a valid reason to keep it
- we think about what type of information it is, the amount collected, how sensitive it might be and any legal requirements
- we design our services so that we don’t hold your information any longer than we have to
How can I manage or delete my personal data?
Remember, you’re in control of your personal information.
You have the right to:
- request a copy of your information
- to ask us to correct information that’s wrong, to delete it or to request that we only use it for certain purposes
- to change your mind, and ask us to stop using your information. For example, unsubscribing from any marketing emails.
- Please note that if you would decide to have your personal data removed for marketing purposes, we may keep some basic data for the execution of our professional activities.
There are different types of cookies, categorized based on the origin, function and life span. For more information on cookies we refer you to websites like www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Improve the use and functionalities of its website
- Analyze how visitors use our website and to make statistics on the use.
Cookies can be placed by ViCre and third parties. If we allow third parties to place cookies on our website, these parties have to guarantee by contract that they can exchange data in a secure way.
What type of cookies do we use?
- Strictly necessary cookies,: this type of cookies make that you can navigate on our website and use its
- Functional cookies to improve the functioning of our website. They lead to personalized surf experience with us, by storing log ins, passwords and preferences (f.ex. language).
- Performance cookies collect data on the use of our website, like the number of visitors, popularity of pages and the time spent on certain webpages. Based on these data we can improve our website and app and optimize and personalize the surf experience.
At all moments, you can block or delete all installed cookies on your computer or mobile device. You can do so in the settings of your browser. Each browser is different, check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. More general info on cookie management can be found on http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Next to this you can choose the companies you don’t/no longer want to receive cookies from on http://www.aboutads.info/choices/#completed and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
Keep in mind that by changing the cookie settings, our website and appx may no longer function properly.
Changes to this policy
ViCre updates this policy regularly and will publish the updates on this website. The latest update is dated 2019, August 27th.
How to contact ViCre?
For any other questions or comments about this policy you can reach out to us via:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 032 14 26 12 39
- Address: Zone Kamp C 2 B8 – 2260 Westerlo – Belgium